Events at Stow Maries
100th Anniversary Commemoration Vintage Flying Event
10:00 - 17:00
Come and see vintage and modern aircraft flying in to visit this unique WW1 aerodrome for our centenary celebrations, our last flying event of the year!
Tickets limited so BOOK ONLINE to avoid disappointment on the day
Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome, near Maldon, is the most intact, remaining WW1 aerodrome in Europe and has been described as "a jewel in the history of aviation".
On 17 and 18 September the skies above Stow Maries will once again play host to the sounds of roaring aircraft as the WW1 aerodrome will take visitors back in time to the heady days of classic aviation.
This weekend is going to be bigger and better than ever and we can’t wait for everyone to join us and celebrate. This is our last flying event in 2016 so don't miss out!
Visitors can enjoy:
- A number of vintage aircraft in flight
- A display from the Blue Falcons Gymnastic Team
- A wide variety of stalls to wander among displaying a manner of interesting things such as a bee colony, wood turning and chutneys made using WW1 recipes
- Musical entertainment from ‘Marie Lloyd’ and sing along songs with Terry Saunders
- Interactive museum
- Pleasant walks
- Fascinating tours of the site
- Animals including Birds of prey and Mack the horse and Meg the mule, which have travelled to the Somme
- Vintage vehicles
For the children
- Traditional lawn games
- The new Stow Maries Pilot Bear Trail
- Rocking Nacelle flight simulator with virtual reality headsets
- Professional story teller
- Arts and crafts workshop
- Family sports hour on Sunday
- A rocket building workshop will be run by John Jacomb, member of he GB space modelling team and judge at the UKAYRoC competition for schools
Food and drink
- Hot and cold snacks and refreshments will be available throughout the day to enjoy in the traditional Airmen’s Mess
- We will be serving a WW1 menu of Trench Stew, pasties and jam roly-poly with custard
All flying aircraft are subject to weather and serviceability and CAA conditions
Book tickets to this event at Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome and receive a discount code for the The Warren Classic and Supercar Show on 25 September.
Once you have purchased your tickets to our centenary event email your proof of purchase to email@example.com and you will receive a discount code to use on Eventbrite which will reduce the price of adult tickets for The Warren Classic and Supercar Show from £14 to £9.
Stow Maries 100th Anniversary Commemoration Vintage Flying Event ticket prices
Pre-booked children under 16 free
Book tickets now
We have a hospitality tent available on Sunday, two tickets covering 15 people are available, or if you would like to book the whole tent for 30 people you can.
£500 for 15 people covering:
- Ringside marquee
- Tea and coffee throughout the day
Tickets are available on a first come first served basis please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
Visiting by air?
Visitors by air: PPR in advance
Call 07860 345403
Please note you must book an arrival slot for a time before the display starts. Landing fee £10.
Celebrate the RAF Centenary at Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome
01.04.18 - 01.04.18
A chance to celebrate the forming of the Royal Air Force, 100 years ago.
07.04.18 - 07.04.18
A monthly activity day at Stow Maries for 8-14 year olds to explore and enjoy a variety of activities linked by the theme of ‘flight’! From simple paper planes to building a series of ‘build and fly’ models, from creating gliders and rockets
On Tuesday 13th February at 10.00 pm. Channel 5 Select will show a film, which features the Owls at Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome.
It can be viewed on Freeview 54; Freesat 133; Sky...
It was wonderful to welcome The Duke of Gloucester to our World War 1 Aerodrome near Maldon last week. He was genuinely interested in the work of our fantastic volunteers – who toiled...